Users of McAfee security products must be aware that McAfee does automatic scanning for all of the incoming and outgoing email messages which contain attachments. It scans the attachments for viruses and other malware infections. Scanning of the outgoing and incoming traffic is used for the protection of the system however it does sometimes interfere with the conduct of receiving and sending email messages. Due to the real-time scan of the email messages, the mail client may run and operate slowly and sluggishly.
Users of various McAfee products like McAfee Total Protection, McAfee Internet Security, McAfee AntiVirus Plus, McAfee All Access, McAfee Live Safe, etc may encounter this issue. The reason why this issue crops up can be that the McAfee software might be scanning the emails which might be interfering with the sending and receiving operation of email. The real-time scan feature of McAfee may also cause you email client to slow down. In order to deal with this issue, you have to disable the Email scanning function. Here are the steps to disable Email scanning.
Step 1: Disable the Email Scanning feature temporarily:-
- In the program, folder select the Microsoft program.
- Alternatively, go to the toolbar and click on the McAfee icon in order to open the McAfee antivirus installed on your personal computer.
- When the program opens, go to the menu option.
- In the Virus and Spyware protection tab click on Real-Time Scanning.
- In the page for Teal-Time Scanning, click on the settings options.
- Uncheck the Email attachments box.
- Click on Apply.
- Send a test mail message to yourself and see if the problem still persists.
Step 2: Check whether another third party is conflicting:-
- If your problem still persists even after disabling the Real-Time Scanning in McAfee program, there may be other potential reasons for the issue.
- Now you have to check whether the firewall or other security software is causing a blockage in the email client operations.
- You need to activate the “Add or Remove Program” in the control panel in order to confirm and make sure whether there is any other security software or firewall installed in your computer system.
- If you find any such conflicting software then launch this application and then disable the real-time scanning feature by following the instructions mentioned in the first step.
- Send one test email message to check if the problem is fixed or not.
To fix this issue make sure that the JAVA is updated. Also, stay up to date with all of the Windows updates, extensions, and add-ons. Check your system for malware and reboot your computer system. Also, ensure that the computer is always connected to the internet and the PC clock is accurate. For users having windows 10, they should turn off Fast Startup because it prevents a clean restart from happening and certain software updates need a clean restart.
If your problem still persists then call the McAfee antivirus support team to get expert assistance for your issues. For troubleshooting errors, advice, and help, contact the McAfee customer care on their 24/7 toll-free support number. For McAfee Activation, visit this website.