Now, the Facebook has very tight scrutiny as the New York Times published details on how Facebook user’s data was used for the political gain. It is a very trending topic over the internet that if you delete your Facebook account in protest of the companies handling its user data.
Though everyone is aware of this Facebook news, and what you might not know about Instagram, it is a very popular video and photo sharing site which is also a Facebook property since from the year 2012.
To keep this in mind, we try to provide you how to take a complete download of the Instagram’s data, and Facebook has also collected about you through its Instagram service.
However it is very similar to downloading your Facebook data, and you can also download a full collection of all data which is ever collected on your Instagram profile. And you will be capable of seeing all your posted photos, videos, comments, such as searches, messages, and many more. The process to download your profile data is not hard, but, this feature is hidden deep in your profile settings.
Steps to Download All Instagram Data
For deleting all your Instagram Data, you need to follow the given steps and to avoid trouble always follow the steps in a given sequence; the steps are very easy and simple to follow. The steps are mentioning below:
- First, you need to log into your Instagram account by clicking on a web browser.
- You cannot download your Instagram data via any mobile app.
- Click on your profile option
- Click on the Gear icon, appears next to the Edit Profile button
- Now select and click on the Privacy and Security option.
- Scroll down, and select Request Download link appears under Data Download section.
- Enter your email account and password for verifying your account.
- Click on the Request Download button; a message will appear on the screen that your request will take up to 48 hours to complete or accept your request.
- Now, keep your eye in an email from Instagram which is associated with a link for downloading your data.
- Now, again you need to log into your Instagram account page.
- Now, download a collection of all your data.
- It might be one or multiple links to the zip files which contain your data.
- The numbers of files you have will vary and depends on the total of content you posted on the service over the past few years.
Finally, each Zip file comprises of various folders which contain photos, videos, comments, stories and other information that user posted to their services. You might also find that how much of the data has been gathered over many years.