A great cloud storage, Google Drive, can keep the data up to 15 GB in it. But it all will inaccessible in the absence of internet connection. A lot of users have a complaint that they have to stop their important work when there is no internet connection. Google has found the solution to this issue and make the utilization of their cloud service more accessible and convenient. The developer has added the offline mode so that users can continue working on the documents without any obstruction like connection issues.
This enabled the users to work on their project more conveniently. But, if you expect that the offline allows you to share the file then you might be thinking wrong as sharing will undoubtedly require the internet connection. Still, the offline mode is comfortable as you don’t have to wait for the connection and thus, can resume your work anywhere. You will need to choose the offline mode, as the option is turned off by default. So let’ see the steps to turn on the Offline Mode and how to use it.
Here is how to enable and use Google Docs Offline
- Open the web browser and visit the Gmail account.
- Enter the login credentials and sign into your Gmail account.
- Access your Google Drive.
- Now, navigate the file or a document you want offline.
- Click the vertical three dot icon.
- There you will find the Available Offline.
- Click the toggle button and turn on the offline option.
- Wait until the file is getting ready for offline use.
- When the process is done, you can see a checkmark indicating the file is now available offline.
- While editing, the document will keep the changed content.
- When connected to the internet, click the Switch to Docs online option from the pop up appeared at the top.
Try opening the file in your Chrome and you will see that it is opened in an offline mode. You can also try editing the document. All the changes and modifications in the content of the file will stay as it is until it connected to the internet. But when you go online with Google Drive, all the changes in the content will save permanently. Hopefully, you have enabled the offline mode in your Google Drive. Now, remember the guide and continue working on your documents.