Instagram is a vast social media network to share pictures and videos online with friends and followers. But some users reported the problem with Instagram. According to them, social media is not uploading the videos. It is a frustrating situation when you cannot share your video with friends. Fortunately, there is a workaround to fix the problem. By following some tricks and tips, you can fix the cannot upload videos on the Instagram problem.
Here is how to fix cannot upload videos on Instagram
Recheck the Internet Network
Whenever the browsing, downloading or uploading any media files slows down, weaker internet connection could be responsible for it. Similarly, the video uploading on Instagram could fail due to a weak internet connection. In that case, you need to check if the internet connection is working on your phone or not.
- Open the Settings of your phone.
- Now tap to open the Wi-Fi section.
- If the connection is not established, then tap to turn on the toggle button.
- If the Wi-Fi connection is still weak, then there is something obstructing the signal. You must check if the area of your Wi-Fi router is clear to transmit the signals successfully.
- For the Cellular Internet user, try to turn off and then turn on again.
- If the problem for cellular connection persists, then you must try restarting the phone.
- If the network is weak even after rebooting the phone or adjusting the area of your router, then you must contact the service provider.
Restart the Phone
While restarting the phone, the device stops background applications and prevents every program from taking resources from it. Now, when you re-launch Instagram app in the phone, it might work correctly and upload the video without obstruction. This time you might successfully upload the video on Instagram.
Clear Cache of Instagram
The phone creates the cache of all the installed apps, contains the essential details like login credentials so that you don’t have to waste your time to log in the app every time you open it. But too much of cache memory might create the problem in its performance. Hence the clearing cache and then entering the login credentials could work to fix the problem occurring on Instagram.
- Open the Settings and go to the apps section.
- It will show a list of all the installed and pre-installed application.
- Find Instagram and tap to open it.
- There you will see Clear Cache button.
- Tap the button and try relaunching the app.
- This time you will need to enter the login credentials.
Convert Video Format
Maybe the video format is supported by the Instagram app, thus showing the problem. A heavier video might fail to upload in the application on a mobile network. Before uploading a video, you must reassure-
- The format must be H.264 codec/MP4.
- The resolution should have width 1080 pixels.
- Bit Rate must have 3500 kbps with 29.96 frames per second of Frame Rate.
- The duration must not exceed 1 minute.
If you are running the outdated version of Instagram, the problem is likely to appear. With the release of updates, the previous version does not receive the support from the developer, and hence the app stops working properly. Installing updates for the app may resolve the problem.
If the nothing works, then try reinstalling the application in your phone. The bug might be creating the issues in the app, resulting in the error. In this situation, uninstall the app and reinstall it.
- Open the Settings of your phone and go to the apps section.
- Now select and open Instagram.
- Tap to Uninstall the app.
- Go to the app store of your phone and search for Instagram.
- Tap on the Install button.
Instagram might show the problems while uploading a video but these methods will resolve the cannot upload the video on Instagram. Hopefully, you have fixed the problem and able to upload the amazing video to share it with your friends or followers.
Karen Minton is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. She writes about the latest updates regarding www.mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.