McAfee Antivirus offers proactive and verified security software solutions and services for your computer system, networks, and mobile devices all over the world. With its strategy of providing secure connections, advanced approach to hardware-improved security, and through unique Global Threat Intelligence network.
McAfee is focused on offering the best service and enhanced features for the benefits of their users. any with a number of various safeguards for protecting your devices. But if you require perfect services for the security of the devices, then we recommended you to choose McAfee internet security product for your device. McAfee provides valuable protection cover from the online dangers and online threats.
But sometimes we are facing an issue during the time of using the software or installation of the McAfee software. So it is necessary to manually update the DAT data for Virus Scan. The McAfee DAT versions Errors are one of the common error can easily fix by following the given procedure. But if you are facing any difficulty in following the procedure or solving the error the, you can contact to the McAfee customer support or may also visit McAfee.com/activate.
Procedure to Fix McAfee DAT Version Errors:-
Below mentioned steps help you in fixing the errors which are occurred during the time you use the McAfee. These steps are very easy to understand and follow. But always follow the steps in a given sequence to avoid trouble and save your much time and efforts. The steps are given below-
To manually update the DAT files for VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i
Step-1: Receive the Updated DAT files:-
- By using Windows browser, create a temporary folder C:\DAT,
- Then, Download the update DAT file on your device.
- If you are trying to download a DAT, Engine, XDAT, or Stinger file on your device, then go to McAfee website.
- Now, visit to downloads/security-updates/security page.
- If You need to download the files or you are not able to update the electronic data or want to use an Extra.DAT on a defected system.
- Then, Download avvdat-xxxx.zip or xxxx it is the latest DAT version available in the market.
Step-2: Confirm all changes to McAfee Services:-
- Now, Click on the Start>Programs>McAfee>VirusScan Console Window.
- Then, Double-click onthe activate Protection option, and deselect the previous McAfee products from being stopped, and click on the OK button.
- Now, finally close the VirusScan Console Window.
Step-3: Now, deduct the McAfee services:-
- Click on the Start to Run and type services.msc.
- Click on the ENTER button.
- Now, Right-click on each following services and click on the Stop button.
- Then, Exit the Services screen.
- Now, McAfee McShield.
- McAfee Framework.
Step-4: Extract the DAT file:-
- Using the WinZip or a similar file compression utility, extract the the.DAT file. Example: avvdat-6446.zip.
- Hold the CTRL key and select the following extracted files:
- Now, Right-click on one of the chosen files and click on the Copy button.
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Engine.
- Right-click on the main directory and select Paste option.
- Now you will find the option to replace the existing files.
- Now, select Yes to All option.
Step-5: Now, Restart McAfee services:-
- Click on the Start to Run and type services.MSC, then click on the ENTER button.
- Right-click on each of the services and select Start option.
- McAfee McShield
- McAfee Framework
- Then, Exit the Services screen.
Step-6: Confirm the DAT latest version has been updated:-
- Click to Start, Programs, McAfee, and select VirusScan Console.
- Click on the Help>About.
- Now you will find a virus definitions that indicate the latest DAT version
- Then, you will see virus descriptions that report the most recent DAT version has installed on your device.
Step-7: Previous changes to McAfee product:-
- Click on the Start>Programs>McAfee>VirusScan Console.
- Double-click to activate Protection, then, select Previous McAfee services from being stopped, and click on the OK button.
- Now, finally close the VirusScan Console
The aforementioned steps help you in fixing the error and the steps are easy to understand and less time-consuming. If after following the steps you are unable to fix the error then you can contact the McAfee customer support. the technicians and experts of McAfee are available 24*7 to assist you and help you in every McAfee product related issues. For instant help, dial the toll-free number of McAfee customer support or you may also visit www.McAfee.com/Activate.