Facebook, primarily used as a social networking site, has developed its Facebook Messenger app which is a rival to any other messaging app like WeChat, etc. The Messenger is reliable as it doesn’t require any contact number and keeps your contact number hidden. But, the Messenger app may annoy the users due to its inbuilt notification on the screen of a phone. So, any of your Facebook friends can message you anytime and you will get the notification of the message.
The continuous messages are irritating and the default notification setting always notifies the user. To prevent the annoyance, it is possible to mute someone on Facebook conversations. The results are pretty satisfactory because the user will not receive any notification about new messages from a muted friend.
Are you receiving annoying notifications?
If yes, then follow the steps and mute individual conversations:
- Launch the Facebook Messenger app.
- Tap on a chat you want to mute.
- Tap either on the username or the exclamation sign at the extreme right of the username.
- Select Notification and turn the toggle button off.
- Select the time till you want the notification mute.
Another way through which you can mute a conversation:
- Open your Facebook messenger app.
- Hold your finger on a chat you want to mute.
- Select Mute conversation from the list appeared in the screen.
- Select the time of mute till you want it to be mute.
How to turn off notification in online messenger app:
- Open the Facebook Messenger app.
- Select the menu button and click Settings.
- Select the checkbox to turn on and off the notifications.
The muting notification feature gives an opportunity to keep annoyance away. In other words, the user will be undisturbed for the period, but remember that muting will not last forever. As there is a time limit to keep a conversation mute which you have decided. When the time is over, as a user you will again receive notifications, but yes you can still turn on mute option on your Facebook messenger.