As we all aware with the McAfee, it is an antivirus security which protects your computer from viruses. McAfee security is very popular these days because of their enhanced features and services. Well, the truth is that the McAfee security system plays a vital role in protecting you the risk of being connected to the internet. It is a very retentive software that can control all your computer services and protect you from an unusual slow down of your computer system.
If you want to uninstall the McAfee software, it is very easy to uninstall. But if it will be done through a proper process then your computer system will be safe from any of damages that might be occurred due to the uninstallation of McAfee security. Or if you follow the correct method you can easily uninstall the program within a few minutes that saves your time and efforts.
Here we are discussing some steps by which uninstallation process can be completed in a few minutes. Follow these steps carefully to save yourself from the trouble.
How to Uninstalling McAfee Internet Security From Windows?
There are various methods by which you can uninstall the McAfee internet security from your computer. But this method is easy to follow and understand, this method is very less time consuming and fewer efforts taking. If you using this method then you can easily uninstall the program. Follow the steps in ascending order. The steps are given below:
Step-1 Login to your McAfee software security account
- To login to your account, you have to first visit in your McAfee homepage(http://home.mcafee.com)
- On the homepage, upper right corner you saw a button that key show the button of “My Accounts”.
- Click on the “My Account” button.
- After clicking on the button, it will associate you with your “User Account”i.e “Email Id” and “Password” (the Email Id and Password are same as that you filled up during the time of installation).
- After providing the Email Id and Password, click on the “Login” button.
Step-2 Deactivate your License
All the information regarding the McAfee internet security license including the version and license terms and expiration dates into my account page of McAfee internet security.
- Guide yourself to the “My Account” page. My Account page shows the information about the computers that are registered with your account.
- Search for the “Details” button of the My Account, there you will the “Deactivate” button.
- Select one of the computers you want to deactivate, then click on the “Deactivate” button.
- One pop up message appears on your computer screen that asks you your confirmation regarding deactivating your license from this computer.
- Click on the “Yes” button. And deactivate the license from your computer.
- Once the license gets deactivated you can reuse it in a different computer system.
Step-3 Access setting or Control Panel
To uninstall the McAfee internet security on the Windows 10 computer you can use the setting menu.(for Windows 8, Windows 7 or Vista you can use Control Panel)
- Clicking on the “Start” button.
- Select the “Setting Menu Option” in your computer system.
- On “windows 7” or “Vista”, Press the “Start” button and then click on the “Control Panel” button.
- On “windows 8” strike on the upper right corner of the screen, and click on the “Search” button. On “Search” Enter “Control Panel”.
- Click on the “Control Panel” button.
Step-4 Guide to Uninstall
The uninstallation wizard will navigate you through the process of how to uninstall the McAfee internet security permanently from your computer.
- Select the button System >Apps and Features.
- Select “McAfee Internet Security”and then select “Uninstall”, and follow the directions that shown on the screen.
- On “Windows 7” or “Vista” select Programs > Programs & Features, then McAfee Internet Securityand finally “Uninstall” and follow directions that shown on the screen.
- On Windows 8, Navigate to “View by”and select “Large Icons”, click “Programs and Features”, select “McAfee Internet Security” and then click on the “Uninstall” and follow the directions that shown on the screen.
If you are still in the trouble to uninstall the McAfee internet security from your computer then you have only last option to easily get a solution without wasting your time, let’s connected with the McAfee Customer Support. McAfee Customer support is available to help you 24*7. McAfee experts and technicians know there how to solve your problem in less time. Dial the toll-free number of McAfee customer support for instant queries.
For more information on your issue, kindly visit: McAfee.com/Activate